Find in store:
Friend of Meadowlark, designer and co-founder of womenswear label, Paris Georgia – Paris Mitchell Temple shared with us her favourite places to see and things to do from a recent family trip to Puglia, Italy.
Places to go
– Spiaggia della Botte, our favourite swim and snorkel spot which hums with locals. It has access to umbrellas or you can set yourself up on the rocks. The bartender puts so much love into his every spritz he makes.
– Palazzo Daniele. Stay or visit for lunch and a natural wine. Make sure you get a tour of the grounds. It’s the most tasteful hotel of all time!
– The white sand beaches in Puglia are beautiful. We visited Été beach in Gallipoli, they call it the ‘Maldives’ of Italy.
Places to eat or get coffee
– Le Stanzie: Farm to table style dinner, it was once where oil for lamps were produced, now converted into a restaurant. The style feels quintessential Puglia. There’s a long waitlist to get a reservation so book in advance.
– Balboa: For the best cocktail in Puglia. It sits on the edge of the square where children play 'till midnight.
– Taverna Del Porto (seafood): Head here after a day at the beach, order the Vongole and enjoy eating on the water.
Things to see & do
– Specchia, a beautiful town, have a wander around and get a gelato from Martinucci.
– Swim off the port at sunset in Tricase Porto. Swimming underneath the pink castle at sunset is magical.
Top 3 recommendations
– In a town called Depressa, a local Constanza takes private bookings in her family’s castle for intimate dinners hosted by herself and her partner Pedro.
– Linen from La Tessitura di Antonia Calabrese is a beautiful store to visit. The linens are of the highest calibre and they specialise in embroidery.
– Cook at home, the local produce is so delicious and nourishing.
Follow Paris on Instagram at @parismitchelltemple x